Anything I write that has to do with writing will be in From Pico's Pen, my author's blog. Everything that doesn't fit any of the sites I write on will be here. This is my practice. I could have kept it private and farmed out the good stuff but I found my readers like too much of it to do that. It isn't a diary because there are things I keep to myself but you can learn a great deal about me from the randomness you will find here.

Saturday 16 January 2016

Busy But Determined



Did something this evening that I'm not sure I would have ever considered doing before. I worked extra this past week and my schedule got just a bit crazy. Keeping up with my writing challenge is under the circumstances a huge challenge. Temperatures have been quite low recently as well and as a result we've been going through our firewood faster than anticipated.

Not only am I determined to keep my writing rolling but I'm also determined to minimize the cost of heating this winter. The only way to do that is keep up with the firewood. Tonight was the first time I ever cut a dead tree down in the bush after dark. I don't have daylight to do that in until at least Monday afternoon and I didn't want to wait that long.

That light that straps on my head allowed me to have my hands free to operate the chainsaw. It wasn't nearly as difficult as I thought it might end up being. Just have to choose the jobs carefully. I am limited to very simple work for safety's sake but it went without any real trouble this time. The big challenge was getting the boys to help me haul all twenty pieces (I didn't choose something big) with flashlights back to our chopping station. Being able to do this does relieve some of the time crunch.

If the weather cooperates, I'll be all caught up again before the end of the week. That of course is always a big if.

2 comments:

  1. You are brave. Gary has done the same many times but not in the dark. Take care .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Has to be a straight forward almost risk free felling or I won't do it. Fortunately there are good candidates out there.

      Delete