Anything I write that has to do with writing will be in From Pico's Pen, my author's blog. Everything that doesn't fit any of the sites I write on will be here. This is my practice. I could have kept it private and farmed out the good stuff but I found my readers like too much of it to do that. It isn't a diary because there are things I keep to myself but you can learn a great deal about me from the randomness you will find here.

Sunday 25 January 2015

The Bug Has Bitten


Nasty bug hitting the family pretty hard this morning. We had four with fevers: Sheldon, Andrew, Mieke and Wesley. Brandon has just recovered from it. Most inconvenient. Francine went shopping by herself because there was no healthy body to go with her. I had a shift during the day today and Brandon has the overnight. Everyone else stayed in bed.

I seem to be coming down with it now too. Very heavy feeling in the lungs, which for me is very bad. If it doesn't clear up some, I get to go to the doctor and get an inhaler. Haven't had to do that for several years.

For those who don't know, I have minor asthma. Had it since I was a young child but never had it officially diagnosed until I was in my forties. Makes a big difference how they treat me for chest colds now. Only need inhalers when I get sick like this. Probably a good thing, it was not diagnosed before I attended Ambassador College in Pasadena, CA. They might not have accepted me over that.

I'm actually astonished no one figured it out while I was there. In my fitness class I had a strange "heart rate to exercise rate graph". Not strange for an asthmatic.

Hope this passes quickly. I always have far too much to do, to take the time to be sick.

2 comments: